October 11, 2013 by mybattlebuddyfitness
I’m going to give you fair warning: these blondies are TOO good. You will want to eat all of them. Ignore the fact that you are putting chickpeas into something sweet. You won’t taste them!! Maybe it’s because nut butter is like liquid gold in the tummy…Whatever the reason is, my suggestion is to cut them up after they cool and hide them from yourself so they don’t sit on the counter…staring at you…waiting to be devoured.
Share these guys with friends. They will love you forever!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you’re not vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients until batter is smooth. Or just mix the ingredients vigorously.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. (The batter may stick to your spatula, so I like to spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter will probably look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.