August 16, 2013 by mybattlebuddyfitness
Friday Food Fight!!
These little gems are pretty darn delicious and very appropriate for summertime. With only 1 gram of sugar, 7 grams of carbs, and 10 grams of protein each– these are almost totally guilt-free. You could create a protein glaze if you wanted to have them for dessert, or leave them as is to have alongside your egg whites in the morning. We used Wyman’s of Maine brand organic blueberries, which worked great because they’re teeny little guys. Super easy to prepare…Mix ’em up, bake ’em, and enjoy!
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
2 scoops high-quality vanilla-flavored whey protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup blueberries
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp vanilla extract or sugar-free vanilla flavoring (like DaVinci brand)
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
zest of one lemon
(1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
(2) Mix together all wet ingredients in a bowl. Beat the eggs together.
(3) Add in all dry ingredients and blend until it forms a consistency that will form a cookie. The batter will be somewhat runny, but should hold its shape pretty well.
(4) Lay down a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray. Take 1/3 cup measuring implement and use to scoop out dough and place on tray. Smash down gently to form a nicely-shaped cookie.
(5) Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until they look golden around the edges and are somewhat firm to the touch.
NUTRITION FACTS: 120 cal; 10 g protein; 7 g carbs; 7 g fat; 1 g sugar