July 19, 2013 by mybattlebuddyfitness
These cookies rocked my world… I started with a recipe that I found online at http://www.puertoricanfitchick.com, and then I added and subtracted a few things. The beauty is that the nutritional content is so clean that I ate one for breakfast, one after my workout, and then I returned and had one for dessert as well. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
**This recipe makes 6 cookies**
1 cup old-fashioned oats
8 Tbsp pure pumpkin
1/4 cup raisins or reduced sugar craisins
stevia, and cinnamon to taste
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp of baking powder
4 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese OR plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Dash of sugar free vanilla coffee syrup (I use Torani brand)
(1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients for cookies in a large mixing bowl.
(2) Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a Silpat. Using a 1/4 size measuring cup, scoop out cookies onto a baking sheet. Use your hands to mold them into cookie shape and press them down slightly to flatten them a little.
(3) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
(4) While cookies are baking, put frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until it has the consistency of frosting.
(5) After cookies have cooled, smear frosting on and decorate with one walnut. DEVOUR!
NUTRITIONAL INFO: CALORIES – 198; PROTEIN – 17g; FAT – 2g; SUGAR – 2g; CARBS – 26g