February 14, 2013 by mybattlebuddyfitness
It has been quite some time since the last “10 Things I Love” post. I actually had MORE than 10 things to put on the list this time around, but I’ll put those in the cache for next time.
Some of these things are health and fitness-related, and some are just plain fun.
Let me know if you’ve had experiences with any of these and what you think! I love hearing from you!
(1) Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover—I LOVE having painted nails. BUT I’m also a clean-freak, and a gym rat, which means that after I paint my nails, it takes all of about 24 hours before they look all chipped and ghetto. Luckily, I found this! It’s awesome because you don’t even need cotton balls. You just dip your finger in the little bottle and move it around a bit. Wa-la! All done. It’s great for traveling and it’s super quick.
(2) Revlon ColorStay Gel Enamel—Part of the reason why I am so excited about the nail polish remover, is because I found Revlon’s Gel Enamel. There are a ton of great colors—I am really loving the Bold Sangria, Midnight, Blue Slate, and Rich Raspberry colors. I also recently discovered Butter London’s Artful Dodger, which I LOVE as well. Check them out!
Here’s the deal though—don’t take the time to put on these beautiful colors, if you don’t follow them up with a great top coat. Admittedly, I had never tried a quick-dry top coat until last month. Let me tell you—it has changed my life. Right now I am using Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri Top Coat. It’s AMAZING! Your nails are dry to the touch in about 30 seconds, and you can move about freely without fear of chipping them after about 20 minutes.
(3) Yaktrax—I discovered Yaktrax a few years back when my husband and I were living in Fairbanks, Alaska. Icy roads + a girl who NEEDS to run outside = no fun. Don’t get me wrong—I love a good treadmill run as much as the next gal, but fresh air is SO important during the winter months. It’s so easy to let weeks go by without getting outside during winter, but that’s not good for your body and it’s not good for your soul. If you live in icy/snowy conditions, try Yaktrax! You know how you put on chains on cars in the snow? These are like little chains for your shoes.
(4) Nike Free 7.0 v2—As a girl who has a ridiculous number of Nike shoes in her closet, I am really making a statement when I say that the 7.0 v2 might be my favorite pair of Nike Free’s that I own. I discovered these little gems at the Nike outlet, so I’m actually not even sure if they are making them even more. If you have a little bit of a narrow foot like me, you might find that you enjoy the way these puppies feel.
(5) Mizuno Breath Thermo Top and Pants—This awesome little running duo is perfect for really chilly days. The two of them generate heat by absorbing sweat as you run. They have kept me nice and toasty for many of my winter morning jogs.
(6) Athleta swimwear—Before my recent vacation to Hawaii, I decided that I was going to take a different approach to my swimwear. I have never been one that’s super comfortable prancing around in a teeny bikini, so I decided to try Athleta. I wanted something that would allow me to be active without worrying about my lady lumps falling out at an inappropriate moment. I struck solid gold with Athleta. I ordered the Amrita bikini top and bottom and I was totally happy with them. Cute but comfortable and totally functional. They are going to be perfect for pool swims during Triathlon training season, which is a bonus.
(7) Lululemon Run Swiftly Tech Tee- I completely forgot how much I love Lululemon’s Tech Tee line. The fabric is amazing soft, totally stink-free, and they make them in short AND long-sleeved AND they have great colors—they even have lace print ones out right now! These tees make me happy. Kinda pricey, but totally worth it. You will want to wear this every day.
(8) New Girl—Yes, that’s right. The T.V. show. It’s hilariously funny and we don’t need to be serious 24 hours a day, right? If you haven’t seen it—set your DVR. You won’t regret it.
(9) Cyga (Cycling + Yoga)—It sure would be awesome if more of these Spinning + Yoga fusion classes started popping up around the country. Check and see if one of these classes are available in your area. It was a ton of fun. Especially if you’re a gal like me that doesn’t like to devote an entire hour to stretching and zenning out.
(10) Our website! We finally have things up and running on the worldwide web! It certainly has been a labor of love, and there is still LOTS of labor to come, but it sure is cool… Stop by and check us out! http://www.mybattlebuddyfitness.com